On this page ...
The First 2 months
So how did it come this far?
Well, I have been visiting family in the US for about 7 years now, and each time had the urge to stay.
However, I had a good job and career at Ericsson in the Netherlands, and that's something you can't just give up.
Second of all, I was involved with my girl friend who didn't want to move to the US.
And finally; I didn't have a job in the US.
Finally, in 2003, my uncle made me a job offer which I could not refuse.
My relationship with Esther ended earlier that year.
And work at Ericsson wasn't that appealing anymore.
Naturally there where some factors that "helped". Like the nit-picking rules in Holland, the very limited space, etc.
So finally I left at the 26th of October.
I took with me; 2 suitcases and 1 carry-on.
I shipped 9 boxes by mail.
The first to months I stayed with my aunt and uncle: Mieke and Gottfried (thanks for having me!). I lived right out of my suitcases:
The 9 boxes
My (messy) bed
Look pretty messy, but it worked just fine.
Thank God for the very nice people that helped me out there:
- Mieke and Gottfried Kellermann (for having me and providing a home)
- Melissa Ahrens (for being a great companion)
- Sara Helland (for being my second mom!)
- Dan and Heidi (for being great friends)
- Carol Arndt (for helping me shop for furniture and cars!)
- The people at NeuroScience who made me feel at home
Thanks for being there for me!
Go to Top of this page or go to "My new home"